If a picture is worth a thousand words, an enhanced virtual representation is worth much more. That’s why many colleges and private schools use virtual tours and other forms of interactive media to improve their marketing campaigns.
Many students are not able to visit campus in-person before admission. Virtual tours are a powerful way for schools to entice new students to enroll, wherever they may be.
What Are Virtual Tours?
In a virtual tour, the viewer experiences your school's culture and campus through videos and other media on your website. For example, an interactive map can link to different areas on campus, with additional information, videos and photographs about each location. You can also create video tours with narration and other audio effects.
Top Five Benefits of Virtual Tours
Millions of Internet users take virtual tours every day, so there's more than enough reason to include a virtual tour on your school or college's website. The advantages of virtual tours include:
1. Enhances User Engagement
Prospective students are more likely to feel connected to your school when they view a video of the buildings and campus rather than photos. A video tour creates an immersive experience that encourages visitors to interact with your website.
2. Helps Your School Stand Out
Any college can display pictures of their facility and surroundings. Why not go the extra step with virtual tours? Interactive, multimedia tours can make your website come alive for potential students as well as increase your organic traffic.
3. Highlights Your Unique Campus
Virtual tours allow you to showcase the uniqueness of your facility, whether it's a unique architectural feature or a landmark on campus that other schools don’t have. When students are making an enrollment decision, small details matter. Sharing unique, memorable aspects of your campus can help increase your registration numbers.
4. Provides Vital Information
More students will catch on to what makes your school special in a virtual tour, rather than reading impressive statistics in writing. Include a video of students taking part in sports to show your school's prowess in extracurricular activities. If you excel in academics, include clips of students engaged in class activities.
5. Makes Your School Memorable
If you want prospects to remember your college, consider incorporating a virtual tour on your website. The visual associations and immersive experience will make your school more memorable when it comes time to enroll.
How to Make the Most of Virtual Tours
We believe virtual tours are highly effective at increasing viewer engagement. To help you get the most out of virtual tours, here are three tips:
- Highlight the history of your school: In addition to showcasing the school's layout, add details about your institution's rich history. Talk about how the school has progressed since it started, any famous alumni and a few fun facts about your school.
- Use less text and more people: Visitors don't want to read too much on a virtual tour. Include brief talking points for each section, but focus more on imagery. You can start by including clips of students and teachers engaged in activities.
- Offer genuine testimonials: By including positive testimonials from teachers, students and parents, you can improve the effectiveness of your virtual tour.
Get Value With Our Virtual Tours
At Designblendz, we design and create virtual tours that offer tremendous value. If you’re looking to incorporate a virtual tour on your website, we'd love to help. To get started, request a free quote, then we’ll build a virtual tour that will help drive prospective students to your school.