Blogs are a fantastic tool for home builders and others in the construction industry. They build the foundation for your relationship with your customers and encourage people to see you as an expert in the industry. Whether you've just started your blog or are a seasoned blogger, it can be challenging to come up with original topics to turn into compelling blog articles.
If you want people to engage with your blog posts, it's essential to create articles that are:
- Relevant to current industry topics, trends and concerns
- Useful to your target audience
- Actionable through clear calls to action
- Original — try to find your own take that hasn't been said hundreds of times before
To get you well on your way to creating useful, original content, we've put together a list of 40 blog ideas within a wide range of topics you can use to get your creativity flowing. Take these titles and topics and transform them into something you'd be excited to read about.
Blog Topics on Understanding Home Buying
First-time home buyers and experienced homeowners alike can always learn something new about home ownership. Explore the world of home buying and building with these topics:
- The First-Time Home Buyers' Ultimate Guide
- How Long Does It Take to Build a New Home?
- The [#] Hidden Costs of Home Buying
- Home Building vs. Buying — Which Is the Best Choice for Me?
- [#] Things You Need to Know Before Buying Your Next Home
- How to Maintain Your New Home
- Top [#] Reasons Why You Should Build a New Home
- [#] Tips for Selling Your Old Home Fast
- Top [#] Questions You Should Ask a Custom Home Builder
- How to Increase Your Home's Value This Year
Home Improvement Blog Topics
Your audience will always find interest in home improvement and DIY projects. Add your own take on remodeling, renovation and redecorating with topics such as:
- Renovating vs. Remodeling — What's the Difference?
- How to Find the Best Contractor for Your Remodel Project
- Should I Remodel or Move?
- [#] Common Myths About Home Improvement
- How to Prepare for Your Home or Business Remodel
- Which Home Improvement Projects Have the Best ROI?
- Everything You Need to Know About Financing for a Home Remodel
- Pros and Cons of Finishing Your Basement
- How to Cut Costs on Your Renovation or Remodel
- [#] Common Mistakes in Home Improvement DIY
Blog Topics on Area-Related Influence
While some of these topics about your local area might not directly relate to your services, you can tie in with a call to action that encourages people looking to move to your location to contact your company. These area-related topics include:
- [#] of the Best Small Towns in [Location]
- The Local Guide to Restaurants in [Location]
- [#] Reasons Why You Should Move to [Location]
- Everything You Need to Know About Property Taxes in [Location]
- Day Trips in [Location] You Won't Want to Miss
- The Ultimate Guide to [Location]'s History
- The [#] Best Places to Work in [Location]
- The Best Vacation Destinations Near [Location]
- [#] Local Businesses You Need to Visit in [Location]
- Best Places to Build Your Home in [Location]
- All About Your Team Blog Topics
Once you've wow-ed your customers with your industry insights, take some time to let them get to know you with topics including:
- Get to Know Our Team
- Team Member of the Week — [Employee]
- Ask Our Experts
- [#] Fun Facts About [Company]
- Who Are We? The History of [Company]
- Case Study — [Project]
- How We Price Our Home Building Projects
- Our Favorite Innovative Construction Techniques
- [#] Trends We Love in Home Design
- [#] Reasons to Choose a New Home Builder in [Location]
We hope these blog ideas have given you inspiration for many blog posts to come. At Designblendz, our goal is to spark your imagination with our vast array of resources and services. If you need design ideas for your next home building project, feel free to contact us today.